Wednesday 16 November 2011

Hello....I'm a mum on the run from the school run, care to join me......

I never thought that "I" would go back to school when my son started school, but one year later and thats what happened in every sense of the word..(at least where my emotions are concerned)..and there is nothing that prepares you for the wrath that is a certain section of those, let's just say, not so yummy mummies in the playground...

It's amazing I'm a 43 yr old mum to a 5 yr old boy and standing in that playground or sitting in those little chairs at parent teacher meetings and I am periodically reduced to a quivering 4 year old wreck and I want to shout where's my mummy gone????...when did this happen? I appear to have grown up and yet I feel like a fake and at any moment somebody will call my mum and ask why she is not at the meeting ???

I remember oh so we'll being at school and how important it was to avoid being bullied, but i was lucky i had a good sense of humour and as a result was a popular kid who mixed with the good, the bad and the well....who could say??? But now it's my sons turn and in one year we have experienced being bullied in such a heartbreaking way.I could never have contemplated that this could happen to us even though you hear it all the time, kids being bullied at school that is, but kids and their parents being bullied by other parents is a new one on me....

I met my friend for lunch today and he suggested I start a blog as he is amazed by all my tales and for me it would be a form of therapy. I loved the idea so much, here it is, although I probably need to start at the beginning so til next time....

1 comment: